Happy 4TH of July
We hope everyone is having an enjoyable fourth of July. The rain has finally stopped (sort of) and we are hoping for the blueberries to soak in the sun and ripen soon. In the meantime, here’s our favorite blueberry pie recipe for you to enjoy!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cold butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon butter
6 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine the salt and flour in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add enough water just until flour is moistened.
3. Divide dough in half; shape each half into ball then flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Roll out half the dough with a floured rolling pin on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle.
5. Place into a 9 inch pie pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan.
6. Combine 2 tablespoons flour and sugar together. Stir in the blueberries and lemon juice.
7. Spoon blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust and dot with remaining butter.
8. Roll out the chilled dough into a 12-inch circle.
9. Place dough over filling and seal with bottom crust. Flute edges of crust and cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip of aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 35 minutes; remove the aluminum foil from around the edges. Continue baking for an additional 10 to 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.